5 Day - Taste of Scotland - Escorted Tour
Glasgow (1) - Nairn (1) - Edinburgh (2-3)
- Glorious Highland Scenery
- Scottish Evening
- Blair Athol Distillery
- Loch Ness Cruise
- St Andrews - Home of Golf
- Edinburgh Castle
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 4 or 5 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 3 dinners (D) including
- Scottish Highland Evening
- 2 table d'hote dinner
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tours of Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Loch Ness scenic cruise
- Blair Athol Distillery tour and tasting
- Reserved seats for Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on 2nd - 23rd August departures
- Visits and admissions to Provand’s Lordship, Spean Bridge Woollen Mill, St Andrews and Edinburgh Castle
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Superior First Class
- The Glasgow City Hotel, Glasgow (1 night)
- Newton Hotel. Nairn (1 night)
- Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel. Edinburgh (2 nights)
5 Day Taste of Scotland Itinerary
Day 1 : Glasgow Highlights
Your Scottish trip starts at 2:30 pm when you meet your tour director at your Glasgow hotel and set out on an introductory tour of central Glasgow. This is a city that flourished in Victorian times due to the shipbuilding industry and international trade. Drive around George Square with its ornate City Chambers and visit Provand’s Lordship, Glasgow’s oldest house built in 1471. The house was originally part of a hospital and has been extensively restored and furnished. Join your tour director, guide and travel companions for a welcome drink before dinner.
Day 2: Loch Lomond & Loch Ness Cruise
Travel alongside the famous Loch Lomond, renowned for its unsurpassed beauty. Travel through the deep valley of Glen Coe, notorious for the Campbell massacre of the Clan Macdonald in 1692. Continue through Fort William and stop at the Spean Bridge Woollen Mill, which offers a good selection of quality Scottish goods. At Fort Augustus embark on a short cruise on Loch Ness to keep an eye out for “Nessie.” Continue your journey north to Nairn for your next overnight stay.
Day 3: Whisky Tasting & St Andrews
Drive to Blair Athol Distillery in Pitlochry to see how whisky is distilled and sample some. Continue south to St Andrews, renowned as the “Home of Golf” and for its university, Scotland’s oldest, and spend some time to explore on your own. Drive south to Edinburgh and to your gracious manor house hotel, set on 1,000 acres with two golf courses and spa facilities a few miles from the city. Dine at a Scottish Evening on some excellent Scottish cuisine followed by a lively show with songs, stories and traditional dancing.
Day 4: Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
This morning an Edinburgh city guide will point out the principal sights of this capital city. Drive along the bustling Princes Street and through the gracious, wide streets of the 200-year-old Georgian New Town. Walk along part of the Royal Mile where compact medieval houses reach 11 floors tall. Visit Edinburgh Castle, which dominates the city and contains the Crown Jewels of Scotland and the Stone of Scone. The balance of the day is free. On July 29 to August 19 departures, seats are reserved for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Day 5: Tour Ends in Edinburgh
Your program ends after breakfast.