13 Day - Scottish and Irish Dream - Escorted Tour
Glasgow (1) - Ballachulish (1) - Nairn (1) - Pitlochry (2) - Edinburgh (2) - Dublin (2) - Killarney (2) - Bunratty (1) - Dublin (1 night optional)
- Scottish & Irish Dinner-Shows
- Whisky Tasting
- Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet
- Loch Lomond Scenic Cruise
- Isle of Skye
- Cliffs of Moher
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 12 or 13 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 9 dinners (D) including
- Scottish Evening in Edinburgh
- Merry Ploughboy Pub dinner and traditional show
- Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet
- 6 table d'hote dinners
- 2 lunches (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tours of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dublin
- Loch Lomond scenic cruise
- Ferries to Isle of Skye, from Scotland to Ireland and across the River Shannon
- Blair Athol Distillery whisky tasting and tour
- Reserved seats for Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on July 31 to August 21 departures
- Sheepdog trials in Scotland and Ireland
- Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit to Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office
- Visits and admissions to Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, Inveraray Castle, Clan Donald Centre at Armadale Castle, Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Blair Castle, Glamis Castle, St Andrews, Edinburgh Castle, Titanic Belfast, Dublin Castle, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Skellig Experience and Cliffs of Moher
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Superior First Class Hotels
- Glasgow Marriott Hotel, Glasgow (1 night)
- Isles of Glencoe Hotel. Ballachulish (Sunday Departures) or
- Ballachulish Hotel. Ballachilish (Friday departures) (1 night)
- Newton Hotel. Nairn (1 night)
- Atholl Palace Hotel. Pitlochry (2 night)
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel,. Edinburgh (2 nights)
- Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge. Dublin (2 nights)
- Killarney Towers Hotel. Killarney (2 nights)
- Bunratty Castle Hotel. Bunratty (1 night)
- Academy Plaza Hotel. Dublin (1 night optional)
13 Day - Scottish & Irish Dream - Tour Itinerary
Day 1 : Glasgow City Tour
Your Scottish trip starts at 2:30 pm when you meet your tour director at your Glasgow hotel and set out on an introductory tour of central Glasgow. See the main attractions including parks and squares and view extensive art collections at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. Chat with your tour director and fellow travelers over a welcome drink before dinner in your hotel.
Day 2 : Loch Lomond Cruise & Inveraray Castle
Embark on a short cruise of Loch Lomond to appreciate views of Highland peaks. Take a guided tour around Inveraray Castle, home of the Campbell family, and browse around the nearby town. Drive through Glen Coe, a spectacular valley where the Massacre of Glen Coe took place and on to Ballachulish.
Day 3 : Isle of Skye & Clan Donald Centre
Travel on the scenic “Road to the Isles”, stopping for photos at the Glenfinnan Monument. Take a ferry to the Isle of Skye and visit the Clan Donald Centre at Armadale Castle. Drive through the island and return to the mainland by bridge, stopping for photos at the famous Eilean Donan Castle. Then drive along the beautiful shores of Loch Ness, famous for its monster. Continue to your hotel in Nairn, a manor house property set in spacious grounds near the North Sea.
Day 4 : Culloden Battlefield & Sheepdogs
A short distance from Nairn is the Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre. Learn about the battle which took place on 16th April 1746 when British Government forces defeated the army of Prince Charles Edward Stuart. The Visitor Centre shows the background to his event and walk around the moorland to see monuments commemorating troops. Continue through majestic Highland scenery to Leault Farm where dogs herd sheep. Drive past the Grampian Mountains to your gracious manor-style hotel near Pitlochry.
Day 5 : Blair Castle & Whisky Tasting
A short drive will bring you to Blair Castle, home of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl. Dating back to 1269, the castle has been transformed through the ages, from a strong medieval fortress to a Victorian castle in the baronial style. You will learn about Mary, Queen of Scots, Bonnie Prince Charlie, Queen Victoria and the Atholl Highlanders. Visit Blair Athol Distillery to learn about whisky making and sample a “wee dram”. Spend the afternoon of leisure to explore the hotel gardens, museum and facilities or browse around the town of Pitlochry.
Day 6 : Glamis Castle & St Andrews
Visit Glamis Castle, legendary setting of Macbeth and childhood home of the late Queen Mother. Drive across the modern Tay Bridge to St Andrews, the “Home of Golf.” See the famous Royal and Ancient Clubhouse and the Old Course on a panoramic drive. If you prefer, browse through the medieval town with its ruined cathedral and castle. Drive south into Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital and enjoy a Scottish Evening with dinner, haggis, bagpipes and kilts.
Day 7 : Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
Tour Edinburgh this morning to see the Georgian 200-year-old “New Town” and walk along part of the Royal Mile, the medieval section of the city. Tour the imposing Edinburgh Castle and enjoy splendid views. Spend the afternoon and evening at leisure. On July 28 to August 18 departures can enjoy the Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle.
Day 8 : Titanic Belfast & Vibrant Dublin
Depart Edinburgh early this morning and drive south through Ayrshire and along the coast. At Cairnryan take a ferry ride to Larne. Drive to Belfast for a panoramic city tour followed by a visit to Titanic Belfast to learn about this famous liner through state-of-the-art displays. Drive south to Dublin and check in to your centrally-located hotel. You are free to dine independently.
Day 9 : Dublin Touring & Merry Ploughboy Pub
Enjoy the morning at leisure or use your included open-top bus tour voucher. At 2:00 PM meet a local guide and tour central Dublin to see Trinity College, public buildings, tranquil parks and rows of Georgian houses. Take a guided tour through historic Dublin Castle, seat of government for centuries. Dine at the Merry Ploughboys Traditional Night and enjoy a great show.
Day 10 : Blarney Castle & Killarney
Depart Dublin and stop for photos at the stately Rock of Cashel. Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” and shop at the Blarney Woollen Mills. Drive to Killarney, picturesquely set beside lakes and mountains. Check in to your hotel and relax before dinner. Afterwards you may like to head to a “singing pub.”
Day 11 : Ring of Kerry & Skellig Experience
Today embark on the Ring of Kerry drive – a winding route with awesome mountain and coastline views. Watch a local farmer and his dogs herding flocks of sheep. Cross to Valentia Island by bridge to visit the Skellig Experience which describes monastic life on the nearby islands. Pause at Moll's Gap for stunning views before returning to Killarney.
Day 12 : Cliffs of Moher & Bunratty Castle Banquet
Take a ferry ride across the River Shannon Estuary and view the Cliffs of Moher, a spectacular wall of limestone that reaches 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. Check in to Bunratty Castle Hotel and enjoy free time. Head to Bunratty Castle for a memorable medieval-style feast with a program of song and harp music, evocative of the Middle Ages.
Day 13 : Depart from Shannon Airport
Your tour ends after breakfast.