9 Day - Northern Welcome - Escorted Tour
Kingscourt (1) - Belfast (1) - Derry (2) - Westport (2) - Dublin (1-2)
- Cabra Castle Hotel Stay
- Merry Ploughboy Pub Dinner/Show
- Titanic Belfast
- Giant's Causeway
- Farmhouse Tea & Scones
- Achill Island Tour
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional driver/guide
- 7 or 8 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 6 dinners (D) including
- Welcome dinner in Cabra Castle
- Merry Ploughboy Pub dinner and traditional show
- 4 table d'hote dinners
- 1 lunch (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tour of Belfast with a local guide
- Sheans Heritage Farm turf-cutting, tea and scones
- Walking tours of Derry and Galway
- Irish coffee on Inishowen Peninsula
- Day tour to Achill Island
- Tour of Dublin with visit to Glasnevin Museum
- Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit to Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office
- Visits and admissions to Down Cathedral, St. Patrick Centre, Titanic Belfast, Giant’s Causeway, Donegal Castle, Belleek Pottery Factory, W. B. Yeats’ Grave, Westport House and Kilbeggan Distillery Experience
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Superior First Class
- Cabra Castle Hotel (Kingscourt, 1 night)
- Europa Hotel (Belfast, 1 night)
- Maldron Hotel (Derry, 2 nights)
- Clew Bay Hotel (Westport, 2 nights)
- The Talbot Hotel (Dublin, 2 nights)
8 Day Northern Welcome Tour Itinerary
Day 1 : Dublin Arrival & Cabra Castle Hotel
Your first hotel on this tour is 50 miles from Dublin Airport so ensure that you have made appropriate transfer arrangements. Your delightful castle hotel is set in spacious grounds with a 9-hole golf course so that you may relax for the balance of the day. Play a round of golf, explore the castle and grounds or soak up the historic atmosphere. Your tour program starts at 6:00 pm in your hotel when you join your tour guide and fellow travelers for a welcome drink and dine in the hotel restaurant.
Day 2 : St. Patrick's Country & Titanic Belfast
Admire the gentle slopes of the Mourne Mountains and peaceful coastline as you travel north to Down Cathedral. Tour the ancient cathedral and view the historical burial place of St. Patrick, Ireland’s patron saint, marked by a huge boulder. Drive to Belfast to join a local guide for a tour of central Belfast to see prominent buildings, political murals and the docks where the RMS Titanic was built in 1912. Visit the magnificent Titanic Belfast, a state-of-the-art attraction which will fill you in on information about this iconic liner.
Day 3 : Turf Cutting & Giant’s Causeway
Drive north along the “Nine Glens of Aintrim,” a scenic route with lovely views of mountains, valleys and coastline. Stop at the Giant’s Causeway, hexagonal columns formed by volcanic activity over 60 million years ago. The different rock formations rocks have spawned a number of legends about the mythical giant, Finn McCool. Visit Shean’s Heritage Farm for tea and scones. Also learn about cutting turf and the local history. Continue to your hotel in Derry and relax before dinner.
Day 4 : Derry’s Walls & Inishowen Peninsula
Join a local guide for a short walk around Derry’s medieval city walls that completely encircle the old city center. Learn about the development of the settlement throughout the centuries and right up to today. Travel around the Inishowen Peninsula, a 100-mile scenic route. Drive alongside Lough Foyle to reach Shrove Lighthouse for a photo stop. Head to Banba's Crown on Malin Head, the most northerly point of the Irish mainland, to admire stunning seascapes. Savor a casual lunch in a cozy pub and learn about the connection between Buncrana and John Newton’s hymn, “Amazing Grace.” Return to Derry in time for dinner.
Day 5 : Donegal Castle & Belleek China
Travel through rugged countryside with magnificent scenery to Donegal town to tour Donegal Castle, built in the 15th century by an O’Donnell chieftain. Visit the Belleek Pottery Factory, founded in the 19th century to bring employment to the area. Belleek is renowned for its use of fine clay and you will see how the craftspeople shape and decorate the raw material to create the world-famous fine china. Drive through County Sligo and into County Mayo to your hotel in Westport. A local guide will escort you on a gentle walk through this historic and planned town center.
Day 6 : Westport House & Achill Island Tour
Travel around Clew Bay, which is reputed to have 365 islands, to access Achill Island by bridge. Follow the Atlantic Drive to capture wonderful views of steeply-sloped mountains plunging into the shimmering Atlantic Ocean. Near Slievemore see the Deserted Village and stop in Keel for a casual lunch. Return to Westport for a tour around the stately Westport House, which overlooks the ocean and contains a wealth of interesting portraits, furniture, silver and porcelain. The evening is free so that you may take a stroll around the attractive town and choose one of the many fine restaurants to dine independently.
Day 7 : Galway, Kilbeggan Distillery & “Shindig” Night
Drive south for a tour around central Galway to see Eyre Square, Galway Cathedral and the Spanish Arch. Take some time to browse around on your own through the narrow streets that are closed to traffic. Travel through the center of Ireland to visit Kilbeggan Distillery Experience, the oldest distillery in the world, to see artisanal whiskey production and enjoy a sample of the finished product. Head to the Old Jameson Distillery for a guided tour, followed by Shindig dinner with a traditional Irish show.
Day 8 : Depart for Home
Your tour ends after breakfast.