8 Day - Mystical Ireland - Escorted Tour
Dublin (1) - Belfast (2) - Derry (1) - Westport (2) - Bunratty (1)
- Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet
- Dublin Castle
- Cliffs of Moher
- Giant's Causeway
- Sheepdog Trials
- Westport House
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 7 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 4 dinners (D) including
- Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet
- 3 table d'hote dinners
- 1 lunch (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tours of Dublin and Belfast
- Walking tours of Belfast, Derry and Galway with local guides
- Sheepdog trials with tea and scones
- Visits and admissions to Dublin Castle, Down Cathedral, St. Patrick Centre, Ulster Folk Park, Titanic Belfast, Giant’s Causeway, Donegal Castle, W. B. Yeats’ Grave, Westport House, Ballintubber Abbey and Cliffs of Moher
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Superior First Class
- Radisson Blu Royal Hotel (Dublin, 1 night)
- Hilton Hotel (Belfast, 2 nights)
- City Hotel (Derry, 1 night)
- Hotel Westport (Westport, 2 nights)
- Bunratty Castle Hotel (Bunratty, 1 night)
8 Mystical Ireland Tour Itinerary
Day 1 : Dublin Arrival & Dublin Castle
Your Irish trip starts at 2:00 pm when you meet your tour director at your Dublin hotel. Tour Dublin to see elegant Georgian townhouses, pass St. Stephen's Green and Trinity College and cross the River Liffey to drive along O'Connell Street. Take a guided tour through Dublin Castle, which was the seat of power and government for many centuries. In the evening meet your tour director and fellow travelers over a welcome drink to discuss your trip and dine in your hotel.
Day 2 : St. Patrick’s Grave & Ulster Folk Park
Drive north to visit Down Cathedral to see St. Patrick’s reputed burial site, marked by a huge boulder. Learn about his life and missionary work during the 5th century in the nearby St. Patrick Centre. See cottages and town houses with displays of traditional crafts and trades at the Ulster Folk Park. Drive to your hotel in Belfast and relax before dinner.
Day 3 : Titanic Belfast & Mount Stewart
This morning take a panoramic tour around central Belfast to see the highlights of the city including Victorian buildings, the imposing City Hall in Donegall Square and the shipyards where RMS Titanic was built in 1912. Visit Titanic Belfast to learn about this ill-fated famous liner that traces the development, building and sinking of RMS Titanic through state-of-the-art displays. In the afternoon join a local guide for a walking tour around part of central Belfast and spend time on your own for shopping and dining.
Day 4 : Giant’s Causeway & Derry Walk
Drive north along the Nine Glens of Antrim, for lovely views of mountains, valleys and coastline. This scenic region is where “Game of Thrones” is filmed. Stop at the Giant’s Causeway, enormous hexagonal columns formed by volcanic activity 60 million years ago. Learn about the many legends that have been told about these ancient stones. Continue to Derry and join a local guide for a short walking tour around the defensive walls.
Day 5 : Donegal Castle & Westport
Travel through the rugged countryside of Donegal, renowned for heathery hills, sheep and the many tweeds made from their wool. Stop in Donegal town for a tour of Donegal Castle, built by the O'Donnell chieftain in the 15th century and expanded in the 17th century. Drive around Donegal Bay and through Counties Sligo and Mayo. Drive to Westport and see the main streets and historic buildings on a gentle walking tour.
Day 6 : Sheepdogs & Westport House
Drive past the pilgrimage mountain of Croaghpatrick and visit a farm to watch skilled dogs herding mountain sheep. Drive to Leenane to view Killary Harbour, Ireland’s only fjord, and travel past the Partry Mountains. Enjoy a light lunch before taking a guided tour of Westport House. This stately mansion, which overlooks the ocean and contains a wealth of interesting portraits, furniture, silver and porcelain. Enjoy free time in Westport.
Day 7 : Cliffs Of Moher & Bunratty Medieval Banquet
Visit Ballintubber Abbey, used for worship continually for 700 years. Travel to Galway for a guided walking tour around the city center. Drive through the Burren to view the majestic Cliffs of Moher, which rise 700 feet above the foaming Atlantic Ocean. Travel inland for a fun evening at either Bunratty or Knappogue Castle to experience a medieval-style banquet with great food, songs and stories. The last night of your tour is in Bunratty.
Day 8 : Tour Ends Shannon Airport
Your program ends after breakfast today.