8 Day - English and Scottish Discovery - Escorted Tour
London (2) - Liverpool (1) - Uphall/Edinburgh (2) - Inverness (1) - Glasgow Area (1)
- Scottish Evening in Edinburgh
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace
- Beatles' Tour
- St Andrews Walking Tour
- Edinburgh Castle
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 7 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 5 dinners (D) including
- Welcome dinner in London
- Scottish Evening in Edinburgh
- 3 table d'hote dinners
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tours of London,Stratford-upon-Avon, Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Beatles Tour of Liverpool
- Walking tour of St Andrews
- Loch Lomond scenic cruise
- Reserved seats for Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on August 05 to August 19 departures
- London open-top bus tour with Tower of London or Kensington Palace visit
- Visits and admissions to St Paul’s Cathedral, Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Dove Cottage, Old Blacksmith’s Shop at Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle and St Andrews Cathedral
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Superior First Class Hotels
- Park Plaza Hotel Riverbank, London (2 nights)
- Hilton Hotel, Liverpool (1 night)
- Macdonald Houstoun House Hotel, Uphall, near Edinburgh (2 nights)
- Columba Hotel, Inverness (1 night)
- The Westerwood Hotel, Near Glasgow (1 night)
8 Day - English & Scottish Discovery - Tour Itinerary
Day 1 : London Arrival & Orientation
Your vacation starts at your London hotel at 2:00 pm when you meet your tour director. Head out on a panoramic tour of central London to see famous landmarks including Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Stop at St Paul’s Cathedral, with its world-famous dome, to tour the awe-inspiring interior. Join your tour director to discuss your trip over a welcome drink and dinner.
Day 2 : Tower of London & Open-top Bus Tour
Today plan your own day of discovery around London’s attractions when you take an open-top bus tour. There is a choice of routes, a walking tour and a River Thames cruise. Visit the Tower of London to view the magnificent Crown Jewels, guarded by Beefeaters in distinctive Tudor uniforms or you may prefer to visit Kensington Palace, former home of Princess Diana. Dine independently this evening.
Day 3 : Stratford & Beatles’ Liverpool
Drive through the Cotswolds, a delightful hilly region with mellow-hued stone houses. Take a panoramic tour around Stratford-Upon-Avon to see places associated with William Shakespeare. Continue to Liverpool where a visit to The Beatles Story will immerse you in the lives and music of the “Fab Four.” Check in to your hotel.
Day 4 : Lake District & Edinburgh Ghost Walk
Travel through the glorious Lake District, associated with the children’s author, Beatrix Potter, and stop in Bowness-on-Windermere to visit the World of Beatrix Potter to see animal characters that she created. Near the Scottish border stop at the Old Blacksmith's Shop at Gretna Green, one of the world’s most popular wedding destinations. Drive to Edinburgh for dinner at a popular restaurant followed by a fun ghost walking tour through ancient streets.
Day 5 : Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
Explore central Edinburgh this morning, starting in the 200-year-old “New Town” with its planned streets and elegant Georgian houses where many famous writers and inventors lived. See the Royal Mile where old medieval houses are clustered and tour Edinburgh Castle to see the Crown Jewels of Scotland and the Stone of Destiny. The afternoon is free for independent activities. On August 1 to 15 departures, experience the world-famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Day 6 : St Andrews & Highland Ceilidh
Travel north to St Andrews, famous for golfing and Scotland’s oldest university. Take a walking tour around the town with your guide who will tell you about the famous people and happenings here. Visit the picturesque ruins of St Andrews Cathedral. Take a break in Pitlochry and continue to Inverness, a major town in the Highlands. Check in to your hotel beside the River Ness in the town center.
Day 7 : Highlands & Loch Lomond Cruise
Travel south through more wonderful Highlands scenery today, passing the shoreline of Loch Ness with views of this deep lake. Drive past Ben Nevis, Britain's highest peak, and through the towering mountains of Glen Coe, which is famous for the Massacre of Glen Coe in 1692. Take a scenic cruise on Loch Lomond, Britain's largest lake, to admire panoramic views. Drive into Glasgow for a short orientation tour.
Day 8 : Tour Ends in Glasgow
Your tour ends after breakfast.