14 Day - British and Irish Grandeur - Escorted Tour
London (2) - York (1) - Uphall/Edinburgh (2) - Ballygally (1) - Dublin (2) - Killarney (2) - Waterford (1) - Cardiff (1) - London (1)
- Scottish and Welsh Evenings
- Taylor's Three Rock Pub
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Roman Baths
- Stay in Haunted Ballygally Castle
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 13 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 8 dinners (D) including
- Welcome dinner in London
- Scottish Evening in Edinburgh
- Taylor’s Three Rock Pub dinner and traditional show
- Welsh Evening in Cardiff
- 4 table d'hote dinners
- 1 lunch (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tours of London, Edinburgh, Belfast and Dublin
- London open-top bus tour with Tower of London or Kensington Palace visit
- Walking tours of York, Derry, Dublin’s Trinity College and Waterford
- Reserved seats for Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on August 07 to August 21 departures
- Round trip ferry transportation between Britain & Ireland and across the River Shannon
- Sheepdog trials on Ring of Kerry
- Visits and admissions to Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Alnwick Castle & Garden, Edinburgh Castle, Titanic Belfast, Giant’s Causeway, Book of Kells at Trinity College, Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, House of Waterford Crystal, Cardiff Castle, Roman Baths & Pump Room and Stonehenge
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Deluxe & Superior First Class:
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, London (2 nights)
- York Marriott, York (1 night)
- Macdonald Houstoun House Hotel, Uphall, Near Edinburgh (2 nights)
- Ballygally Castle Hotel, Ballygally (1 night)
- Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin (2 nights)
- Killarney Plaza Hotel, Killarney (2 nights)
- Granville Hotel, Waterford (1 night)
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff (1 night)
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, London (1 night)
14 Day British & Irish Grandeur Itinerary
Day 1 : London Sightseeing
Your vacation starts at your London hotel at 2:00 pm when you meet your tour director. Head out on a panoramic tour of central London to see famous landmarks and visit Tower Bridge Experience. In the evening meet your tour director over a welcome drink.
Day 2 : Independent London Tour
Today explore London independently. Take an open-top sightseeing bus tour – you have a choice of routes around London’s famous landmarks and also a walking tour and a River Thames cruise. A visit to the Tower of London or Kensington Palace is included.
Day 3 : Cambridge & York Walking Tours
Visit Cambridge for a stroll around some of the famous university colleges, including King's College, and the Mathematical Bridge over the River Cam. Head north to York for a walking tour to appreciate narrow streets and medieval houses, which contain centuries of history. The stately York Minster, with towers and stained glass, is the highlight of the walk. Check in to your hotel and relax before dinner.
Day 4 : Alnwick Castle & Edinburgh Evening
View a portion of Hadrian's Wall and head north to visit Alnwick Castle, the second largest inhabited castle in England. View the lavish State Rooms with a stunning array of art, portraits and furniture. The Alnwick Gardens is beautifully landscaped and enhanced with architectural and water features. Travel through the scenic Northumberland National Park and make a brief stop in Melrose. Drive to Edinburgh and enjoy dinner at a fun Scottish evening with bagpipes, dancing and song.
Day 5 : Edinburgh Castle & Guided City Tour
Discover Edinburgh’s highlights on a city tour. See the elegant Georgian “New Town” with spacious streets and the compact medieval city along the Royal Mile. Tour Edinburgh Castle to view the Crown Jewels of Scotland and the Stone of Scone. Also enjoy splendid views of central Edinburgh. The rest of the day is free for independent activities. On August 4 to 18 departures, experience the world-famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Day 6 : Titanic Belfast & Ballygally Castle Stay
This morning will be an early start as you drive to Cairnryan for a short ferry ride to Belfast. Take a panoramic tour to see the highlights, including Victorian buildings, the imposing City Hall and the Harland & Wolff Shipyard. Visit Titanic Belfast to learn about this ill-fated famous liner through state-of-the-art displays. Continue to historic Ballygally Castle Hotel in time for dinner and your overnight stay.
Day 7 : Giant’s Causeway & Derry Walk
Travel along the scenic coastal route of the “Nine Glens of Antrim” and visit the Giant's Causeway, hexagonal columns formed by volcanic activity over 60 million years ago. The enormous rocks have spawned legends about the mythical giant, Finn McCool. Continue to Derry for a Derry Walking Tour around the medieval city walls with a local guide. Drive south to your Victorian hotel located on Dublin Bay, a few miles from the city and dine on your own this evening.
Day 8 : Dublin & Taylor's Three Rock Pub
This morning tour central Dublin, with spacious Georgian squares and streets, landmark public buildings and graceful townhouses. Visit Trinity College to see the campus and view the Book of Kells in the Old Library. The afternoon is free and in the evening enjoy dinner at Taylor's Three Rock Pub followed by an upbeat show with Irish music and dance.
Day 9 - Cliffs of Moher & Killarney
This morning drive through central Ireland to view the Cliffs of Moher on the west coast. These magnificent cliffs extend for five miles and rise to heights of almost 700 feet and offer wonderful views of Galway Bay and the Aran Islands. Take a ferry across the River Shannon Estuary to reach Killarney. Check in to your centrally-located hotel.
Day 10 - Jaunting Car & Skellig Experience
Take a leisurely Killarney Jaunting Cars to view Lakes of Killarney. Then embark on the Ring of Kerry tour for constantly-changing vistas of mountains, open Atlantic Ocean, beaches and cliffs. Visit the Skellig Experience to learn about early Christian monks who lived on the rocky offshore islands. Stop at Moll's Gap for panoramic views before returning to Killarney.
Day 11 - Blarney Castle & Waterford Crystal
Visit the famous Blarney Castle this morning to kiss the “Stone of Eloquence” and shop at the Blarney Woollen Mills. Travel to Waterford and at the House of Waterford Crystal see how glass is blown and cut by master craftspeople and view a collection of amazing trophies. In the evening take a Waterford Walking Tour with a local guide to discover the history of this old port city.
Day 12 - South Wales & Cardiff Castle Banquet
Depart Waterford early this morning to catch the ferry from Rosslare to South Wales. Journey through South Wales where coal used to be mined to Cardiff and take a brief tour of the city. Head to Cardiff Castle, developed in Roman times and transformed into an elaborate Gothic-style residence in the 19th century. A tour of the Castle is followed by a fun Welsh banquet.
Day 13 - Roman Baths & Stonehenge
This morning explore Bath, popular for its natural hot springs with the Romans 2,000 years ago and again in the 18th century. Tour the Roman Baths & Pump Room, well preserved after two millennia and view stately Regency mansions. Drive to Salisbury Plain to view the prehistoric circle of vast monoliths at Stonehenge. Continue to your London hotel once again.
Day 14 - Depart for Home
Your tour ends after breakfast.